I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring, or something like it?


This happens every year. I get all excited when the daffodils start threatening to pop, and the silver maple flowers start falling, and then we get nailed at least a few more times before spring actually arrives.

However, caution was thrown to the wind here at WTM when I put the indoor wintering herb pots back out on the deck a couple of days ago. It's only in the high forties so far this morning and I saw ice in the bottom of a plant pot earlier, but the winter garden gods can just kiss my grass, we're getting near the end.

Today we're doing Dad's 86th birthday at his house and I'm taking a pumpkin spice cake with orange cream cheese frosting based on this recipe. Had a chili cookoff at work yesterday and there's still enough chili (which was adapted from this recipe) for lunches this weekend. So hopefully some recipes will follow shortly.

In the meantime, go out and find yourself some signs of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment