I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oh, what a tangled Web


Well hey, kids- your humble blogger was recently done the honor of having a chat with Susan Harris, a local garden guru, who also has a gig over at the Homestead Gardens blog, as well as being the producer of the world famous Garden Rant blog, and it was a pleasure. They (i.e., the Homestead Gardens blog) are looking for local gardener/cook/bloggers- that means you! I was their first local featured blogger, and hopefully there will be many more to come.

A new venture, the Homestead Gardens blog is sponsored by the venerable local garden business that has been operating in Maryland for over 35 years. In addition to being a pretty mind-boggling place to buy plants/seeds/tools/other garden chotchkies, if you haven't been there during the holidays (yikes! are they almost here?), well I'm sorry, but you just haven't been.

So about the blog. I actually stumbled upon them because Rita Calvert (also at the Homestead Garden blog) stumbled upon me, asking in an email if I'd been to Green Drinks Annapolis, a project under the umbrella of AnnapolisGreen. I had not, but will be checking out some of their events shortly, always on the lookout for forward thinking ventures.

One of the reasons I went squash hunting last weekend (see previous post) was because I'd seen a curry recipe Rita posted that I thought might be interesting in a veggie incarnation- just hadn't decided yet if I wanted to do seitan or tofu as the protein component instead of goat, so who knows, the squash might still end up in a soup (if I can ever stop looking at it; it's so pretty I don't have the heart to break into it yet. Must grow this next year.)

But anyway, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, SNAP! their web has you in it's craw, but it's OK because now you have a mess o' new friends with similar interests, and great new places to go eat and drink until you just can't stand it anymore.

Talk about other people's gardens. Everyone else's this year looked better than mine. But that's normal. Since the weekend is almost here, you must go check out some of your local garden resources before the snow starts flying, and let's all start scheming on next year's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment