I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dirt


The plan was to get many of the seeds started three weeks ago (such as eggplant, that prima donna that requires such a long growing season) but of course it didn't happen. This weekend will have to do.

Everything will have a start date of March 1. I know that many people start on that date or after, but since we are reputed to have such a long growing season in the Mid-A, I always feel like it's REQUIRED to start by the end of January.

Since this winter has been one of the coldest I can remember for a long time, tough beans. Looks like I'm not going to be moving this year so might as well get a garden going again.

Which is OK cause I love dirt.

March 1: the dirt hits the fan. Here we are crushing Black Pearl ornamental pepper pods for seed extraction. Did some Royal Black African ornamentals also. Now on to eggplant and tomatoes.

March 21: uh, still planting seeds. Got pepper, tomato, and eggplant sprouts already but the greens are just going in the dirt today. What the muck, maybe they'll be up by July.

No comments:

Post a Comment