I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Sunday, February 1, 2009

And another dip


Really, my whole diet is not just dips, I swear. It does seem odd to have two dip posts so close together, especially considering this blog does not runneth over with posts so far (working on that.) I saw this recipe originally at the Whole Foods website, and had a box of silken tofu to use up, so there you go.

The original recipe wanted 8 oz. of tofu, and there is no way I'm going to use a partial box of anything if there's a way around it (see the post for Portuguese Kale soup). So I dumped a 12 oz. box into the bowl and started in on the other ingredients.

I think I only used about a tablespoon and a half of lemon juice, instead of 2, and it seemed lemony enough to me. But the original also wanted a tablespoon of honey. I used agave nectar, which I thought should be milder, and it seemed too sweet. So I'll cut back to a teaspoon and work from there next time.

To manage the sweetness, I increased the curry powder and garnished with some smoked paprika. Nice for finishing even if you don't use much. I think next time a little paprika should go into the dip itself.

Still managed to plow through a bunch of curry dip so far, even with the complaints. Plus I found a use for my poor little broken handled spoon rest. It was too pretty to chuck after I broke it, so now it has purpose in life!

Curry Dip with Chives and Paprika


1 12 oz. package silken tofu
1½ Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. canola oil
1 Tbs. curry powder
1 tsp. agave nectar or other sweetener of choice
1½ Tbs. tamari

2 Tbs. chopped chives (dried, as I had no fresh)
Smoked, hot, or sweet paprika, to garnish

Place tofu through tamari in a bowl and blend until smooth (an immersion blender works great). Stir in chives. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill an hour or so to firm the dip up. Garnish with paprika if desired, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment